Shift & Share is a strategic distribution (Shift) and an audience & skills development (Share) project, to increase audiences for small-scale dance in the South West.
The project seeks to:
• Establish a long-term network for developing and touring dance in the SW
• Commission audience-friendly work o Develop the skills, knowledge, experience and confidence in the SW venue, and dance sector, particularly in terms of audience development & marketing
• Develop, pilot and evaluate innovative ways of developing dance audiences, particularly for young people, dance students (i.e. from both informal and formal settings) and cross over audiences (i.e. those that attend other art forms, but not necessarily dance)
• Bring dance companies and venues together to work closely from conception to completion to 1) make & present more audience focused work, and 2) share venue and company needs and aspirations.
The project is managed by PDSW on behalf of the network. During the pilot phase 2015-16 the network included the following venues/organisations. They did a mixture of advising, commissioning, programming, facilitating and giving much time in kind to support dance touring in the South West.
A big thank you to you all:
4. Carn to Cove Cornwall Rural Touring
8. ICIA, Bath
12. Pavilion Dance South West, Bournemouth
13. Exeter Phoenix
16. Swindon Dance
26. Theatre Bristol