This workshop is for dance practitioners who work with older people, or would like to, to inspire, learn and share.
It will focus on:
- exercise structures to use as a body warm-up and as a movement training. Bone structure, joints and deep musculature. Working from the floor, then seated, then in the space
- concepts from Mariantonia’s work
- movement that recognizes the worth of older people
- tools to challenge gravity without fear, taste risk without danger
- individual and group movement research work
- personal musicality and rhythm
- dance as artistic project
- dance as social project
- why do we dance? Dance as life’s energy. The joy of dancing.
Mariantonia Oliver runs her own company in Palma, Mallorca. She is visiting the UK to present a key note at the Culture, Health and Wellbeing Conference in Bristol, and will be working with Grace and Growl Dance Company to create a short piece for the conference.
Tickets £25, available from Activate Performing Arts, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
With thanks to Pavilion Dance South West for supporting this workshop.