AUDITION NOTICE: Zamira Kate Dance is looking for raw, dynamic and physical contemporary dancers to join new performance project
The Company Zamira Kate Dance (ZK Dance) is a new performance company founded by artist Kate Mummery. The company uses a mix of dance, theatre, text (spoken) and music to relay messages and stories. Kate’s movement is strong, raw and articulate. Her style requires core strength as it is formed of fast paced energetic sequences that have complex spatial patterns, in and out of the floor. The use of short bursts of action requires agility and energy. ZK Dance uses contemporary movement combined with elements of an urban quirkiness.
The Project Research and Development of a performance piece called Mentally Zero; a project that looks at the topic of dyslexia. Successful auditionees will work with Kate to develop a 30-minute performance piece supported by spoken text and visual graphics. Research and development supported by Arts Council England, Pavilion Dance South West and London Studio Centre
Rehearsals Dates: April – June 2015 (total of 3 weeks over that period) Location London and Bournemouth Please note that there will be performance sharings as part of the project
- Must have either trained professionally at a conservatoire or university or have at least three years practical experience working in a professional touring dance company
- Strong contemporary technique
- Knowledge and technique in urban dance styles a bonus
- Skills or training in acting
- Strong partnering skills
- Requires good musicality and a openness to sharing ideas
- Extensive performance experience, familiarity and openness to different choreographic approaches and proficient teaching skills are all essential
- 2 dancers and 1 dancer apprentice places available
- DBS / CRB certificate of two years or less a bonus
To apply Send CV, Head Shot and short footage of you performing (can be in rehearsals) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline Thursday 19 March. Notification Friday 20 March.
Auditions (Invite only)
Date: Sunday 22 March or Monday 23 March Time: TBC Location: London
This is a paid job, including travel and accommodation outside of London. All information will be confirmed by email.