Shift & Share
Shift and Share are developing a new bid to Strategic Touring Programme with ACE.
Have a look at our proposals and if you are an artist or venue based in the South West and want to support or get involved in this bid, please feel free to fill out the form at the end of the Shift and Share next steps document to express your interest in the project and return to Sheila@pdsw.org.uk.
Next steps in short
Building on the strengths of the pilot, we seek to continue with a commissioning and touring strand which would have a strong brief that meets specific gaps in dance programming that our venue network and their audiences would determine. We also seek to develop a light touch element that supports artists and venues to collaborate, develop skills and find a match for programming through our new SNAP (Southwest Network for Artists and Promoters) initiative. It is all dependent on funding though so watch this space, we are working hard to make it happen!
Here is a bit about our project in the pilot stage:
• Shift and Share opened up opportunity for three dance companies to share new work across a wide South West venue network.
• Audience surveys achieved a one in three response rate, so a third of our audiences gave us detailed feedback that benefitted artists and venues
• 85% of respondees said the companies we toured were new to them
• 25% of respondees had not been to the venue before
• Across the three tours, within one year, venues saw an average increase in dance audiences of 13%