Anjali Dance Company is seeking to appoint a Freelance Producer for a Residency Partnership Project in 2016-17, which will create and tour new dance work.
The Producer will work with the Artistic Director to develop bespoke residency projects with venues to encourage more dance provision for people with learning disabilities, including workshops for dance practitioners, people with learning disabilities and care sector staff. The residency project will also include performances and audience development for the venue. Specific areas of work will be:
• Broker new relationships and develop partnerships with venues
• Liaise with fund-raising company Spectrum to research and apply to funding sources for the project
• Write a Grants for the Arts funding application
• Organise and deliver the residency project, including finalising all arrangements and contracts with venues and recruiting and coordinating a company manager
• Recruit an external evaluator and liaise with them to carry out an impact report
• Develop opportunities to follow on from the project.
There is also scope within the role to develop other activities in the company’s business plan, such as international touring, training and engagement, festivals and other work. The aims of the company in producing this project are:
• Disseminating good practice in the development and promotion of dancers with learning disabilities
• Facilitating partnerships between arts organisations, dance practitioners and learning disability settings across the country
• Creating a legacy of sustainable provision of dance training for people with learning disabilities.
Time: Depending on funding, we envisage that this project will take place between early 2016 and the end of 2017, with residencies being delivered late 2016-mid 2017. The working hours are negotiable. Initial estimate is two days per week, but may vary depending on project phase, and can remain flexible.
Location: The Producer will work from home. There will be regular contact by phone, email and in person with Artistic Director Nicole Thomson at Anjali’s Banbury office.
Fee: £6,400 based on 32 days over four months at £200 per day (based on an 8 hour day). We intend the post to continue for at least two years. Further funding applications to support the role are currently underway by Spectrum; the Producer will also be responsible for obtaining further funding through other grant applications. The fee paid will include overhead costs. Travel expenses related to the project will be paid.
• Minimum three years experience producing/managing performance work, ideally in dance.
• Good fundraising experience with ability to write grant applications, especially for Arts Council England, including managing and monitoring relationships with funders.
• Excellent financial management skills, including ability to devise budgets for funding applications and manage cash flow and payments.
• Experience of booking and managing tours, including negotiating contracts with venues and other partners.
• Experience of community engagement in the arts. Knowledge of working in disability settings, especially learning disability, would be an advantage.
For more information about the company, go to www.anjali.co.uk
If you are interested in discussing this role, please send a letter of application outlining your interest and experience and your approach to delivering the project, together with a CV, to Nicole Thomson, Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 31 January. Contact Nicole on the email above or call the Anjali office on 01295 251909 if you have any questions.