Our Learning Associates Programme places emphasis on strong, sustainable relationships with a small number of local settings who are committed to providing high-quality dance education, and a growing capacity for dance excellence.
PDSW will provide young people and staff with professional workshops, tickets to see live performance, curriculum specific projects, creative careers advice, peer-training, performance opportunities and responsive department support where possible.
We also aim to grow a supportive network of teachers, to share best practice and to collaboratively champion the survival of dance within this ever-changing landscape of education.
We are so excited to reveal our 2018/19 Learning Associates, these are:
- Bethany CE Junior School – Discover Associate
- Bourne Academy – Discover Associate
- The Bournemouth & Poole College – Discover Associate
- Twynham School – Dream Associate
After identifying the priorities for each of these settings, we have devised a plan of action for the academic year ahead. Some example activities that will be unfolding throughout the partnership this year are:
- After School Club to create pathway for youth dance company
- Bespoke choreographic project to work towards a curtain raiser performance
- Workshop in-school and show offer with professional touring company
- Celebratory platform for network of teachers
- A day of Lindy-hop workshops to support WW1 learning
- Artist provision/support during Arts Week
- Arts Award support
- Bespoke careers advice within School
A Learning Associate can partner with us at two different levels: Dream and Discover, which ensures accessibility for all.
Please contact our Young People’s Producer, Claire Wakefield, on 01202 203644 if you would like an informal chat about this opportunity.