Debra is representing insurance broker and financial consultancy, Jelf.
– How do you feel about your dance choice for Business Come Dancing?
I was absolutely delighted to get ‘commercial’ and when I have told friends (and explained what it means!) they have said it is just perfect for me. I have also struck an instant rapport with my teacher, Marissa, and her general positivity and energy is catching!
– What do you think will be your biggest challenge in the lead up to the event?
I think keeping my energy levels up will be a challenge and also juggling work, family and rehearsals – plus my nerves.
– How good would you say you are at remembering routines/ steps?
I have reached an age where my memory is rather hit or miss! However, I love dancing socially and am hoping this means the steps will stick more easily than why I went into the kitchen for something…
– How much do you know about Parkinson’s? Has it ever affected anyone in your family?
I know very little about Parkinsons as I’ve had no direct personal experience but am keen to understand how the dance programme works.
– What is your favourite track to dance to at weddings?
Oh that’s a tricky one – is that why it was left to last? – I love a lot of different music and am frequently the first up and last off the dance floor at a wedding. If I had to pick just 1 track then most of my friends would say ‘Reach’ by S Club 7 straight away as I know most of the dance steps to that (as do my Bournemouth friends) and am known for doing the little routine at parties.