– Why do you do what you do?
To express my feelings and be open. I have a love to tell stories and I love to dance as my parents and grandparents inspired me.
– How do you work?
I just dance.
– What’s your background?
I started dance at age 5, I did Ballet, Tap and Modern. I did GCSE Dance at school for 2 years and then I went to a life skills college. I was also a part of Stopgaps Guildford Youth Group and did some work experience with the Company. I also had to do a BTEC national Diploma in Dance at Kingston and then in 2010 I became a full time trainee dancer that then went on to me being in Sg2 and now the Main Company.
– What’s integral to the work of an artist?
To be healthy and fit, have lots of energy. Be positive. Have a good relationship with colleagues.
– What role does the artist have in society?
To be a role model to those that want to dance.
– What has been a seminal experience?
1. An interview with BBC Ouch on what I do
2. When I received the email to say I was in the Main team.
– Explain what you do in 100 words
A typical day; I travel to work by train, get to the space and change and take part in morning class, Lucy will give us a plan for the day, we will rehearse and then take notes, Lunch, After lunch warm up, back to rehearsals and then off home.
– How has your practice change over time?
My teaching has improved from assisting to leading parts of classes or youth groups. My vocal performance is getting clearer and my fitness and energy is improving.
– What work do you most enjoying doing?
I really enjoy being a part of The Enormous Room, as I can get creative with my character and we have a set which is exciting.
– What themes do you pursue?
Film and Music
– Describe a real-life situation that inspired you?
The love I have for my grandparents inspired me
– What memorable responses have you had to your work?
There were 2 girls waiting for me after a performance. They said they loved my dancing.
– What food, drink, song inspires you?
Food- Mousakka….Drink-Diet Coke….Song-‘Do-re-mi’ from Sound of music
– What is your dream project?
A family piece that is made up of real personal experiences.
– Name three artists you’d like to be compared to.
Taylor Swift….Chris Pavia….Andrew Lloyd Webber
– Favourite or most inspirational performance?
Favourite performance was CATS
– What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given as an artist?
You love what you do so follow your dreams and go be a professional dancer.
– Professionally, what’s your goal?
Short term I like to write stories. In the future I would like to be involved with creating/choreographing a musical.
See the full details of The Enormous Room here >>>