This workshop is for dance practitioners who work with older people, or would like to, to inspire, learn and share.
It will focus on:
– exercise structures to use as a body warm-up and as a movement training. Bone structure, joints and deep musculature. Working from the floor, then seated, then in the space
– concepts from Mariantonia’s work
– movement that recognizes the worth of older people
– tools to challenge gravity without fear, taste risk without danger
– individual and group movement research work
– personal musicality and rhythm
– dance as artistic project
– dance as social project
– why do we dance? Dance as life’s energy. The joy of dancing.
Mariantonia Oliver runs her own company in Palma, Mallorca. She is visiting the UK to present a key note at the Culture, Health and Wellbeing Conference in Bristol, and will be working with Grace and Growl Dance Company to create a short piece for the conference.
Tickets £25, available from Activate Performing Arts, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
With thanks to Pavilion Dance South West for supporting this workshop.