Foundations for Excellence nurtures and supports talented young dancers, singers and musicians by sharing research, resources and best practice.
Following the success of previous events, we invite you to join us for the next biennial conference on Mon 2 Nov 2015 at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London.
The conference will challenge existing pedagogical practices and propose innovative methods of nurturing excellence among young dancers and musicians. Presentations, provocations, lectures and breakout sessions on Models of Teaching in Music and Dance, Formalising the Informal, Stress and Anxiety, and Self-Awareness are followed in the evening by dance and music performances and a reception.
Keynote address by Professor Roger Kneebone. Other speakers include Dr Terry Clark, Dario Cortese, Antony Dowson, Prof Jane Ginsborg, Dr Naomi Lefebvre Sell, Naomi Norton, Dr Emma Redding, DJ Renegade, Penny Stirling, Paul Wilson and Dr Charlotte Woodcock.
- 10:30-11:00 Registration and refreshments
- 11:00-11:45 Welcome and introduction Keynote address – Professor Roger Kneebone
- 12:00-13:00 Breakout Groups (1): Models of Teaching Formalising the Informal Stress and Anxiety Self-Awareness
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-15:00 Breakout Groups (2)
- 15:00-15:45 Tea/Coffee
- 15:45-16:45 Breakout Groups (3)
- 17:00-18:00 Musical Impact Presentation
- 18:00-18:30 Plenary Evening Performance
- 18:30-19:30 Reception in Theatre Bar
Delegate passes are priced at £75.00 including lunch and we offer discounted student passes at £30.00 (limited availability).
Spaces are limited and advance booking is essential. The booking deadline is Friday 23 October 2015.
BOOKING NOW OPEN via the Trinity Laban eshop only >>>
Contact Nele Glang firstname.lastname@example.org with booking queries; contact Angela Kerkhoff email@example.com if you have any other query.