Do you have a brilliant idea for a short film? Would you like training, mentorship, funding and a professional crew to help you make it? How about seeing it showcased on Sky Arts?
SHORTFLIX is aimed at aspiring new filmmakers aged 18-25 who are not currently in full-time education, employment or training. We’re looking for ideas from creative, talented and ambitious young people that have the potential to make great short films for showcase on Sky Arts.
We’ll select up to 20 ideas, with successful applicants supported to turn these into a short film script or outline. Up to 5 of these projects will then be awarded funding and the young filmmakers will work with a budget of up to £10,000 each and a professional team to make the short films.
SHORTFLIX will provide training, mentorship, funding and industry exposure, with professional support provided at every stage. No previous professional experience or study of film production is required and participation is free.
Am I eligible to apply?
We are looking for short film ideas that:
- tell us something about your community, heritage, identity, or area;
- are fiction, documentary or visual art and up to 8 mins;
- are achievable on a budget of up to £10k and set in the UK.
You are eligible to apply if:
- you are aged 18-25 at the time of application and live in the UK;
- you are NOT currently in full-time education, employment or training;
- you have a passion for film but do NOT have any previous professional experience or an undergraduate / post-graduate degree (e.g. bachelor’s, master’s) in film production;
- you can commit to working with us to deliver the film, and are able to participate in the training programme.
How do I apply?
Complete and submit an online application form via the Creative England website at creativeengland.co.uk/film-and- tv/shortflix.
As part of the application, you will be asked to submit:
- Contact details and a short personal statement telling us about yourself and why you’d like to make a film.
- A digital pitch (2-3 min video filmed on any device) or written pitch (up to 500 words) for your short film idea.
- Links to any previous creative work you have made.
The application deadline is 5pm on Wednesday 8 th March 2017.
For further info visit creativeengland.co.uk/film-and-tv/shortflix
Join us on Hiive, the network for creative people, at app.hiive.co.uk/swarms/shortflix/2701
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org