What's a class like?
We are excited to welcome you back to dance classes at PDSW here in Bournemouth!
We would like to let you know what to expect, as we have made a few changes since your last visit, so please take a look at the important information for classes taking place in our dance studios:
- All classes must be booked in advance. Tickets will not be available at the door.
- The changing rooms are currently closed and so please come dressed ready for your class.
- Doors to PDSW will only open 10 minutes before your class. Please do not arrive earlier than this time.
- Class participants will normally use the STAGE RIGHT entrance to the building which is adjacent to our revolving doors at the main entrance and the closest to our dance studios.
- On arrival, you will be greeted by a member of our Front of House team who will conduct a temperature check and sign you in as you enter.
- Once in the building, you can visit our pop-up ‘Makeup station’ which has a hand sanitizer and a mirror so you can check your face mask is safely in place. Our staff will be wearing face masks and we are asking all visitors to keep face masks on in communal areas. Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building, including the foyer, outside all toilets, the theatre and dance studios.
- All visitors will be issued with a property box for their belongings which they will keep with them and which will be cleaned following their visit. Please leave this in the dance studio at the end of your visit.
- Please bring dance shoes or an indoor pair of trainers. Outdoor shoes are not allowed to be worn in the studio. All shoes should have non-marking soles.
- Water coolers can be accessed but you are asked to bring your own water bottle
- If you are attending the Yoga class, you will need to bring your own mat
- Shimmy to the left and follow the dancing feet to your destination. These are to help you keep 2m from your fellow dancers
We know for some people entering a dance studio is not an easy thing to do, so we’ve made it our mission to make our studios as welcoming as possible.
It’s with this in mind that we’ve pulled together the following facts:
- You do not need any dance experience to come to PDSW classes. Unless a level is specifically stated, classes are designed for all ages and abilities
- No specialist shoes are required on your first visits (for example, you do not need tap shoes if you are trying out the class for the first time)
- No specialist dance clothes are required. We encourage participants to wear comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement
- We are very welcoming – but unfortunately, we cannot accept late arrivals. If you are more than 5 minutes late, you will miss the vital start of the warm-up which is essential in preventing injury
- You can enjoy classes on a Pay As You Go basis. All adult and Under 5s classes require no continuous commitment
- Youth classes are booked and taken on a termly basis with the opportunity for taster classes
- Unfortunately, we don’t have any parking available so factor in extra time to get those cheap spaces.
- More information available here.
Our teaching team is thoroughly recruited before joining us, coming with amazing teaching (and for some – performing) credentials. All are insured and all have a DBS check before working with us. With this, we hope you feel comfortable and you are in capable hands.
If we haven’t answered your questions our Front of House team would be more than happy to help. We are passionate about inclusivity and welcome anyone who has a physical disability or who is neurodivergent to take part in our classes.
Speak to Front of House in person or call 01202 203630.